The Association is an informal grouping of residents of Langton Way and adjacent lanes in the Blackheath, London area, who share a concern to preserve the semi-rural character of the area. We monitor Planning Applications and comment upon them where appropriate and also encourage collective social events.
New Facebook Group
We have recently created a new closed Social media group where residents can post news and share information. Click through to join the www.facebook.com/groups/ langton.way.se3 . This group is moderated by our new LWA Committee members Aldous Voice and Shilpi Selot.
Membership is a £10 p.a. contribution
The money is used for the printing of the newsletter and running the website. It is sometimes used from time-to-time for the general the upkeep of Langton Way for such things as signage, repairs to shared facilities including the the 2017 fences at the Stratheden junction (the one at the west end has now crumbled so also needs TLC). More importantly, member numbers strengthen credibility when talking to Royal Greenwich council on planning or other issues.
The benefits of your subscription include:
- Neighbourhood Watch membership which could help reduce your insurance premiums
- Printed annual newsletter delivered to your door (see the News section to download a pdf of the last issue)
- Invitation to yearly summer barbecue where you can meet fellow neighbours
- Information and updates on planning in the area
- Regular email news including updates from our local Police Community Support Officer
- Invitation to the annual AGM where you can discuss local issues
- Access to a local Langton Way community network
- Plus a great way to connect with your neighbours and make new friends.
Pay by bank transfer to Account No 10562149 Sort Code 209857 with an abbreviated address and name as payee ref (and ideally drop us an email when done), pay at the AGM or drop cash in to our new treasurer Shilpi at #158 Langton Way.
As a member you can email email@example.com to receive group emails or share news with others in the street and close proximity. We only use bcc distribution to ensure members email addresses remain confidential.
If you are a member and haven’t received a printed version of the annual newsletter and would like one then please contact us for a copy.